Sunday, March 30, 2008

Van Helsing's Journal

Van Helsing’s Journal # 9 is out now and carries an article by yours truly about Amando De Ossorio's Blind Dead movies as well as a number of other articles about Bela Lugosi’s British films, the Mario Bava box set, Dominatrixes from Outer Space, DVD reviews and lots more.

I had previously published some other articles and reviews in previous issues and one of these days I am confident that Harry Long, the publisher, will learn how to spell my name properly. LOL

Van Helsing’s Journal had emerged from the old Cushing Confidential Fanzine and is now dedicated to all things fantastic, with a heavy slant on often long forgotten silent movies and other productions worth of a re-evaluation.

Unfortunately, VHJ does not have a proper web presence, so check out your local cinema memorabilia stores to see if they have it stocked. Or else send an email or letter directly to the publisher for inquiries as to how to best order this publication:

Harry H Long
PO Box 2092
Cleona
PA 17042
harryhlong@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Rogue Spy 007 said...

That sounds great. I love those Blind Dead movies.

SCHUMIGIRL1956 said...

Dear Sir, I am alsoa Peter Cushing fan, he was marvellous wasnt he, i was writing to ask you do you have the address of Pilgrims Hospice in Kent, can i have it please.I miss dear Peter he was such a jolly kind old gentleman which is very rare these days. at least his films shall never be forgotten, he is like a oil painting as it gets old the more radiance it shines.

Holger Haase said...

Hey Schumigirl, the address for the hospice is:
Pilgrims Hospice
Hythe Road
Willesborough
Kent
TN24 0NE
UK

For more about the calendar check my previous post: http://hammerandbeyond.blogspot.com/2007/12/peter-cushing-calendar.html