Monday, October 29, 2007

Isobel Black Biography on Hammer Glamour

I made my first major Hammer Glamour web site update in ages featuring an in depth Isobel Black biography. I wish I could say that this was because I finally got off my lazy backside, but the article was written by Mark Davies from the Hammer Films Yahoo Group. Given the very spare info available about her online so far (check out the empty links section), it is safe to say that Mark has managed to considerably increase the available knowledge about the actress and for this deserves high praise.

Thanks a million, Mark!!!!

(And if anyone feels inspired to also put pen to virtual paper: I am always more than interested in receiving submissions for my web site.)

8 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I'll have to check this out. What a beautiful pic of Isobel. It will be wonderful to learn more about her.

Anonymous said...

Big thanks for lifting the Isobel Black images from my web site, with no credit.

Holger Haase said...

Not sure where I even got this photo from. It could even come from a magazine scan in my collection. It would help to actually know what website you have as you didn't indicate it.

So I take it you're the photographer who took the original picture? :-)

Anonymous said...

You can see the crude photoshop work at the bottom left where the logo has been removed (impolite at best). You probably got it from the biog that you link to, which has another one.

No it's not my copyright, although I do hunt down and purchase these photographs and videos, so have original copies. Most of which are not yet on the web site:

http://www.bapwatch.com/obscure/isobel/index.htm

Holger Haase said...

Thanks for the info, Nigel. The weird thing is that I am not even familiar with your website although it looks great. A Google image search also does not bring up a link to the pic. I am wrecking my brain where I got the original scan from. It may have been supplied by the author of the biographical piece. Can't recall. I do have a large number of books and magazines as well as jpg's from all over the place.
Anyway, over the next couple of days when I have time to do some website updates I'll make sure that I place a link to your pages to make sure more people become aware of it. It looks like a labour of love.

Anonymous said...

I've added a few pictures and fixed the feedback form.

Holger Haase said...

I have also now linked to your website: http://hammerglam.topcities.com/actresses/black/links.htm
Unfortunately your feedback form still didn't work for me.

Anonymous said...

No matter where the photo came from, it's a lovely photo of Isobel. I was at school in Barnet, Herts with her and she was a friend.