Monday, March 23, 2009

LITTLE SHOPPE OF HORRORS #22 Now Available

Just received this info from Dick Klemensen.

"Hi

Just to let you know that the current issue of LITTLE SHOPPE OF HORRORSX #22 is available.

Contents include:
*"Dracula Today! Hammer's Vampire in 1970's London" The making of DRACULA A.D. 1972 & THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA
*Historical introductions to that period of Hammer Films.
*Mean, Moody and Murderous - In Search of Hammer Noir: "Little Shoppe of Horrors" prowls the dark streets of Windsor
*Remembering Hammer Noir: Michael Carreras in conversation with Denis Meikle
*Desperately Seeking Dracula...or: "I demand an audience with his Satanic Majesty." Comic strip by Philip Nutman and Mark Maddox.
*Interviews with: Caroline Munro, Christopher Neame, Don Mingaye, Stoneground, Valerie Van Ost & William Franklyn.
*Dracula Swings - the Music of Michael Vickers and John Cacavas for DRACULA A.D. 1972 and THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA.
*Alan Gibson - a personal look at the late director of the two modern day Hammer films - with the participation of Gibson's daughters Jessie and Sarah & his brother, author Graeme Gibson.

100 Pages and gorgeous color covers.

We know it is an expensive proposition to order issues from the U.S.A.because of the high cost of postage. So, we highly recommend you contact:

Hemlock Books (run by Denis Meikle, who writes and designs for LSoH) in the United Kingdom.

Website:
www.hemlockbooks.co.uk

or his Ebay Store
www.stores.ebay.co.uk/Hemlock-Bookshop

If you are already purchasing LSoH from another of our fine distributors in the UK, buy all means continue to use them. They all support us all the way. But if you need a way to purchase our newest issue (and all our back issues & and Hemlock is the only distributor outside of LSoH itself for our CD/pdf's out our "out-of-print" back issues), Hemlock gives great service at a fair price.

They've just updated their website and should have the newest issue on hand next week."


For those of you ordering the magazine from the US, I guess the best option is still through the regular LSoH website. I am currently trying to find out whether Denis also delivers to Ireland or just within the UK.

10 comments:

Neil D Vokes said...

i got them on Saturday and it looks gorgeous-one of their best issues to date-and that's saying a lot-some really nice art in there too-Timm's back cover is to die for...;o)

Belle Dee said...

I got my copy yesterday, and I'm so thrilled to have my Munro/Lee art featured along side an interview with the lovely Caroline Munro. And I always look forward to seeing all of the original art created for LSoH, because it's always fantastic.
I read a little bits of it last night & I am looking forward sitting down and reading the entire issue.

The Headless Werewolf said...

I got mine the other day, and it's a dandy. It actually motivated me to watch THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA, something I haven't done in a while.

Wes said...

Hi Holger,
Many thanks for this post. I followed the link to the eBay store and spotted a very nice Paul Naschy book (signed by the great man) so if You find out whether they post to Ireland, let me know...I'm in Cork too !

By the way I love the Hammer blog, I'm looking forward to spending some time here...

Wes
http://plutoniumshores.blogspot.com/

Holger Haase said...

Another Hammer and Cult movie fan from Cork?!? Wow, we gotta hook up some time and talk shop over some pints.

And yes, they do deliver to Cork. I just got my copy. If memory serves well they charged me £3 for the mag (and only £1.50 for additional mags which I didn't order).

Haven't read the issue yet, but it's looking stunning as usual.

Wes said...

Hey Holger, yep we should definitely hook up ! In the meantime, you and the constant readers may enjoy this:

The Rise And Fall Of The House Of Hammer

The Rise And Fall Of The House Of Hammer was a 1-hour radio documentary from 1997, presented by Mark Kermode, celebrating the movies and the people of Hammer studios. Its well worth pulling down for a listen.... file is on Rapidshare, in mp3 format, good quality and packed as a .rar file, approx. 26MB

http://rapidshare.com/files/135007398/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_the_House_of_Hammer.rar

Wes said...

let me try that link again... the comments field seems to be having trouble displaying it fully:

So... merge these together (with no spaces between)

http://rapidshare.com/files/135007398

/The_Rise_and_Fall_of_the_House_of_Hammer.rar

Holger Haase said...

What a coincidence! Someone emailed me a copy of this radio show a few days ago. It is now staring at me from my desktop with no idea how to open RAR files. LOL I guess I'll need to install another program for that one? I'll figure it out as I need to listen to that show.

Wes said...

I originally posted the link over at the Mondo Movie podcast forum, last week so perhaps some kind soul passed on the link....

Anyway, try here for the rar program.

http://www.win-rar.com/

I'm sure its free (I don't remember ever paying for it) so simply pick the download option...

Holger Haase said...

Thanks for the info. You know, that Mondo Movie forum post could be where the other guy found it. He is listening to their podcasts like I do, but whereas I never really went to their forum, I think he did!

Mystery solved in true Sherlock fashion.